Thursday, February 5, 2009

Upcoming contests in Douglas County

Hello Douglas County 4-H,

It's that time of year to start thinking about and preparing for upcoming 4-H contests. While details will be included in upcoming newsletters and sent to you via email, I've taken a look at the calendar, and here's what I see:
  • Creative Cooks Contest: April 18th; deadline to register and submit recipes for the cookbook: April 1st
  • Demonstration and Speech Arts Contest: May 7th; deadline to register: April 24th
  • Cake Decorating Contest: May 14th; deadline to register: May 1st
  • Rocket Fly Day: June 17th; deadline to register: TBA
  • Fashion Revue: July 27th; deadline to register: TBA

A note about recipe submission: Since I'm the one who designs the recipe book and types in recipes, I learned last year how much I appreciate timely submission and no last-minute changes. Last minute changes caused some problems last year, so I'm hoping to eliminate that this year if at all possible. Thank you for helping me with these last two points!

Melody

No comments: